Pages

Friday, May 5, 2017

Somalia

Somalia           
Make a copy, rename and start your writing on your copy.


Learn
Click on the url below and watch the short clip.
Not far off the Somali coast one of the big Vestel cargo vessels is taken over by pirates! Within a split of a second the ship has a new captain, the soup is gone as well as the cargo itself. Will our Vestrons be able to strike back?


Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 10.04.42 AM.png


Before you start writing think about the setting and imagine you are there.
Somali pirates take over a huge cargo freighter at sea. Things don’t look good for the crew, until the pirates start to investigate the cargo—Vestrons! Engage!


Create  
WALT write a narrative through the eyes of one of the crew, or robots.

  • Describe the setting in detail.Think about words to describe the situation, what you see, smell, taste, hear. Try to use words that create the mood.
  • Now…..Write a first person narrative through the eyes of one of the crew or one of the robots. How you are feeling when the boat is invaded by pirates.




Go to this padlet Somali and start writing your ideas, words feelings adjectives similies and metaphors.

Share
Once this is completed you can publish it on your personal blog.





Somalia
I was asleep in my cold dark room. It was as dark as a black cat.  it was    3am  in the morning and it was time for my yummy breakfast. Golden thin pancakes, bacon, eggs, and tuna. 6am in the morning I had my breakfast but I still was not full so I made made a coffee.

I was looking out to sea and I could hear the cold blue water splashing right on the ship, the cabin crew saw something in the glimpse out in the sea I grabbed my binoculars so I could see what was happening.

I saw these people on a boat coming to the ship. We all hid under a table but they were not just people they were pirates, I push one of the cabin crew out under the table so he could find the pirates.

He ran down the stairs but I could hear something, well someone, he told him to get on his knees then I heard a BANG!. All of us were terrified I heard the sound of someone coming up the stairs . I could hear the sound of the pirates coming up stairs getting louder and louder.

They made it up to the cabin the pirate said ‘’Come out from under the tables.’’ We got out and he said to open the containers. I opened them they had robots inside. One jumped very high and smashed the window then the robot said ‘’boo’’, every pirate was running and falling into the water. One of the robots gave me my hat then we went back to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about